Audacity is a free open source audio editor and converter. This amazing audio tool is powered by extreme features and functions. It is also free to download Audacity from your favourite browser because it is mainly supported by giant Operating Systems like Windows, Mac and Linux. It is also translated in many languages which you can take advantage with absolutely no charge involved. Audacity has maximized its full audio capabilities which you can experience when you download free Audacity today.
All its functions and features are easy to navigate and modify especially made to all its users particularly for novice users or the beginners. Steps and guides are made simpler and quicker to understand even summarized it under a drop down menu for easy access. If your concern is how to edit and record sounds in Audacity, I’m sure with these user friendly steps you can’t go wrong and will help you do it like a pro.
Editing Sounds in Audacity
Audacity is a very customizable software. Editing tracks is made fun by these simple guides:
- First, from the toolbar you need to click on the “Selection Tool”. Make sure to choose your favorite track correctly. Next, you have to listen to your chosen file by clicking “Choose Loop Playback” to make sure that the sound is in good condition.
- Second, from the “Edit” tab select “Remove Audio” and then hit “Trim”. The audio that you have selected is now removed from the track. Then simply select the “Time Shift Tool” to drag your file to the right location.
- Now it’s time to enhance your favourite tracks by applying some effects into it. From the selection tab, highlight all the tracks that you want apply effects. Next, from the “Effect” button select all the modifications that you want to apply from the list of menu. Listen and double check with the changes you have made from your tracks then hit “OK” when you’re done. You may want to experiment more enhancements, just simply click other drop down menu on the selection tab like the different filters.
- Lastly, save your favourite audio files by clicking the “File” tab then select “Export” and all the format that you need will be under the drop down menu simply choose one then hit “Save”.
Recording Sounds in Audacity
Another exciting way to enjoy Audacity is recording your favourite audio. Quick and easy steps are prepared to manage the process without any hassle.
- First, select the correct input from Audacity to be compatible with the output of your preferred instrument like microphone, amplifier etc. Then from the “Preference” tab select “Recording” then you will notice a “Playthrough” tick the best box that you want.
- Second, click the popup menu and then choose “Start monitoring”. Make sure that both the “Left” and “Right” input react. Make sure to adjust the input of your device to your preferred level.
- Next, on the menu selection press “Recording” and then you will see an option to check “Sound Activated Recording”, simply tick the box and below there is a ”Sound Activation Level” that you may adjust by simply dragging your mouse left and right to make sure that you achieve the correct volume of sound.
- Lastly, hit the “Record” or the “R” button to start recording. Audacity will automatically stop when the sound reaches below the required threshold level. If you want to add date and time to your recorded audio simply click “Transport” button then choose “Timer Record” and you may now customized the date and time that you start and end the recording.
These are just two simple processes to customize Audacity. By simply getting free Audacity download you too can make a lot of variation.